Wednesday, October 22, 2008

9 to 5


Does any one agree that Monday is only the worst day of the week because it's the day we all return to work? So if your Monday was Tuesday would it hold the same dislike? Well I can tell you that no matter what the day, the return to work is hard no matter what the day of the week. I have a great job! I set my own hours (pretty much), I can call it off at any time (with in reason) and I really do love what I'm doing. I work in the water all day long, or not. I swim, I exercise, who gets paid to exercise, I do. I get to work with great people when they are feeling their best and recreating. I also can work with the cutest kids (for the most part, as kids go). I teach swim lessons to kids and adults, and I teach Water Aerobics. As a young person it was thought that I would be a secretary, book keeper or the like. Hated it, but I did it for awhile. Too many skirt chasers.




But my true love is my home and my family! So I put my all into it. I cleaned, I cooked (including desert every night) I sew, arrange flowers, learned to paint, crochet and knit. I groomed the yard and mowed lawns, planted flowers and vegetables. I can and prepared a storage,tried to do it all and do it at home. And I loved it. Then every one grew up, and I found that I had lots of time on my hands. I had no problem filling the hours, but, I felt guilty that I loved what I was doing and For so many years Jack had worked so hard to care for us. Now granted, now and then I did hold a few jobs. Usually long enough to get us out of debit, pay off the Dr. bills or buy transportation. But as soon as we could see daylight I was done and back to the job I loved.




The problem is now I really do have a job that I like, exec pt that it so physically demanding that there's no way I can do it full time. So for now I will do what I can and help bring in the bacon. And still have the advantage of being home also.

No comments: