Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

My turn to cook! I had a great idea this year, let's explain. I thought since the best part of Thanksgiving is the part where every one gets together and visits and we enjoy the family thing of celebrating the season together that maybe the food thing could be different. It meal is so much work the cooking the preparing and the clean up seem endless. And all for half an hour of dinner. Which includes a nap for everyone except mom who is still cleaning up long after every one else is napping. I suggested that we have a smorgas board where every one could do their favorite dish. Any thing, any thing that they like. Not well received...... Jack can't eat turkey, neither one of us should eat the dark meat at all. I didn't think JC and Emily liked turkey. So it all sounded like a good idea. Not so. I got over ruled. Traditional Thanksgiving dinner it was. Much to my surprise it was great. I bought paper plates, ( not exactly the traditional table setting, but saved much time and work.) Emily did the potatoes, they were great and in great abundance. JC went down and got Grandpa for us. Dari did the sweet potatoes. I did the turkey, dressing, gravy and relishes with rolls. We each did a couple of pies. There was plenty, we got to visit some of us got to nap, clean up was a breeze only 2 loads of dishes, ( can't imagine if we would have used real plates.) Em was my best help and each of the boys got to make a garbage run. We have much to be grateful for. Family, fun, health, and most of all we know what will bring us the most happiness. With gratitude I am thankful this year for all that I have.

No comments: