Sunday, November 9, 2008

History in the making

At my age it seems weird to say that I've seen alot of history. That's reserved for my parents. Any way I remember gas for a Quarter. Now it's $3.89 a gallon. I remember penny candy. There's nothing to compare that to. We could walk to the store with a dime and come home with a sack full of candy. Bread for .25. The first Astronaut on the moon. "One small step for man one giant leap for man kind.' There's more, but on election day this year history will forever be changed again. I repeat, One small step for man and I hope a giant leap for man kind. As I now have 3 grown children that take the freedom to vote seriously, I am proud that they don't take their freedom for granted. I was so excited on the first Presidential election that I was able to vote. Grateful that I had the right to do so. Thankful for those who fought for the right so that I could have it with out having to fight. In some elections we have commented just make a decision on the lesser of two evils. I believe that those that choose to run for an elected post either have their own interests at heart or really believe passionately that they have some thing to offer. I hope that passion will turn our country into the country that our founding fathers set it up to be. One of freedom for all. One where we all can be successful. And most of all safe and
Happy.

No comments: