Sunday, November 9, 2008

Live, Laugh, Love



Well I Guess 3's the charm. We usually don't get one weekend away by ourselves, but this year we have gotten 3. Parker wanted to go with JC and Emily to the Ute game in New Mexico and Michael is in the finales with Alta football. So we find ourselves on this Halloween being able to choose what we do with our time. So...........once again we have gotten on the motorcycle. We want to head toward the Canyons again. Knowing that rain is on it's way we carefully choose our route. We head toward Price, into Emery and under I70. Back side of Fishlake, beautiful day but chilly, the canyon is beautiful, lost all it's leaves but still pretty. We end up in Torrey. The west side of Capitol Reef. Saturday we travel through Capitol Reef and on to Canyon Lands and stop in Moab. It's hard to describe the way the beauty of this canyon makes me feel. I'm sure that there aren't many places that have this kind of beauty. I love it here. This is where the trip would end if I had my way. But being fearful that the rain will find us tomorrow Jack decides that we should move on to Green River. So on we go. I have lived most of my life walking on the safe side. Not looking for the excitement that makes me feel as if I'm walking on the dangerous side. Keeping my kids held back so as not to let them get into dangerous situations. being fearful that one of us will leave or get hurt. So spending this much time on a motorcycle is far from the safe side of life. (Where's the seat belt?) And now there's rain coming. Sure that it will hold off till later we get up and head out early. I hate Price canyon and just know that Soldier Summit is the worst place to be in a storm cause it always snows, we take I70 toward Salina. What a beautiful piece of road, that's what I'm on the back of that bike thinking. See I was right, and then comes the rain. To late to turn around and go the other way so on we go. Jack's only thought as we travel through all that rain is, why? Why, are we traveling further away from home. It's cold, we are getting wetter and wetter and Jack can't see. So every so often he has to blow the rain off his face shield. Wow, what a trip. From Salina to Nephi pretty uneventful. And here we are home again. The four of us once again under one roof again. Back to work, and school and all the activities that we each do, I want my family to know how much I have loved the life we have and have had together. Some have moved on and have lives of their own. I choose safety so that I could have one more day with each of them. So to Dari, (and her family), JC, (and Emily), Spencer, Michael, and Parker I cherish the life I've been blessed with, never wishing for more, just wanting time, time to spend with each of you. Loving you and making memories that can be what we build on tomorrow. So here's to the safe side. AND TO YOUR DAD, JACK WHO TAKES ME ON THE WILD SIDE! You have been my life I love each of you.

No comments: